Friday, December 10, 2010

For My Friend

Good morning!
I hope you all are bundled up and comfy. :-)
Today's card I made using a day for daisies digi called "Warm Milk"
Isn't it sweet?
I paper pieced the dress and colored the rest with Prismacolors.The papers are assorted. Some are from the DCWV stack called "Linen closet" ; the striped paper is unknown. 
And a close up.
I really should have printed out the dress on copy paper , not cardstock, cos you can see the raised edge but ho hum ...live and learn.

Below is my favorite part. The heart (just free cut with scissors) and stitched onto the paper and the button flower.
the button flower was made using a fabric K&Co button/brad . I pierced the brad through a silk flower and stuck it on with a glue dot.
It's pretty effective, don't you think?
Oh, and the eyelet. Eyelets just dress everything up.


I would like to enter this in:
Totally Papercrafts: Paper piecing
Frosted Design: Ribbon
Stamp Something : Digi
Sew many cards: digi with flower
Have a great weekend!
Photobucket


21 comments:

Tine said...

Hi Dorcas. I agree, the heart & button flower are fabby finishing touches to a beautiful card. Great job!
Tine :)

Whimcees said...

Hello.

This is a beautiful card - the image is lovely and your detail is perfection!

Wishing you a happy wekeend!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Nannieflash said...

Hi Dorcas wow this is stunning love the paper piecing and the image is so sweet to. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Femmy said...

this is gorgeous!! great papers and the image is so sweet!

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

This is so nice! There are so many thing I like about it. The heart the matching button the pearl buckle! I like the whole thing! Great job!

patriziawithaz said...

I agree,this is a stunning card Dorcas. Everything about it is just gorgeous and your stitching is so perfect x

Linda Wescott said...

Sooo many cute elements on this card, and besides those you mentioned I like the ribbon with the buckle. Paper piecing always looks so good doesn't it and love your papers and colours. In all a beautiful card. Hugs lin

dj1952 said...

Dorcas, this is a gorgeous card. I like the colors, as well as the embellishments. Have a great weekend. Hugs, dj

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Oh, what a cute card!
Your favourite part is also mine: the heart is such a lovely addition...
Supercute!
Hugs,
Uli

Stacy Walker said...

Really sweet card. Thank you for joining us at Sew Many Challenges.

Stressed Stamper said...

Oh this is stunning - great image - perfect papers for it and perfect sewing...beautiful.
Thanks for joining in at TPC and Good Luck
Sarah - Stressed Stamper x

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

very pretty card! Love the paper pieced dress on the sweet image! thanks for playing along with SS!

HappyCrafter said...

Fabulous card, great job with the Paper piecing, and your stitching is top notch!! (oh so wish mine looked like that LOL!)

Trina said...

When I first saw this in the group, I thought you had cut the arm out too... It looks wonderful!

Angela said...

Oh Dorcas! this is just simply stunning! I love everything about it!! thank you so much for sharing with us at Frosted Designs this week!

Crystal said...

Great use of ribbon, love the slide. Thanks for playing at Frosted Designs

Andrea Ewen said...

It's super sweet! Wonderful paper piecing and FABULOUS stitching! I haven't learned to turn the corners yet, {I'm afraid!} I'll just have to go and do it though, what's the worst that can happen? Nevermind...don't answer that...
Super work, my friend!

Joey said...

Beautiful card Dorcas, love the softness of your colours. Thanks for joining us at tpc
Joey.x

Linda . J said...

What gorgeous card Dorcas and in such beautifull colour, love the cute dog. Thank you for joining us for our Flower Challenge at SMC
Hugs Linda

Bev said...

I love your sweet card!! The heart is gorgeous!! Have a happy day!

Anonymous said...

this is i called stiched card!lovely stich especially the heart shape!! :)
love it

hugs
yenni

Related Posts with Thumbnails