Monday, December 20, 2010

A Couple Thank Yous

 
Hi All!
I had a couple quick thank you cards to make today on comision . Fun, but obviously I had no time to color any images. But you know, its good to shake things up a bit now and then!
The sentiment is taken from Proverbs 17:17 and it says,
"A true companion is loving all the time and is a brother that is born for when there is distress."
I just printed it on the computer.
The paper is SEI and the dies are Nestabilities.



Below is a close up so you can see the metallic paper. I was beginning to wonder when on earth I was ever going to use this! lol


And the other card! This one I am using DCWV papers.
Not sure I like it or not. I really needed some more of that olivey brown paper for matting but didn't have any left. So I feel like it all melds together like food in your mouth.OK, that's gross! :-D


Front view:



And shocker of all shockers! I actually completed the INSIDE of the card! WOW!
Can I get a hand? Thank you thank you! *bowing*




So that's it for today! 
Thanks for visiting everyone, I really appreciate it!

                                                     Photobucket


8 comments:

N Blackburn said...

Hey Dorcas, I LOVE these cards!!! They're SO pretty and the ribbon is gorgeous!
The second is my favourite!
xXx

Norma said...

Very beautiful!!!! Love them all Happy Holidays!!!

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

Different style for you, but I like them both! I like the big white bow and your new octagons on the first one and I like the colors on the 2nd. That paper has always been my favorite! But I like matchy so what do I know? And I am picking myself off the floor as I marvel at your beautifully finished inside! Love how you are stitching your decorations. The heart is perfect!

Kelly Schelske said...

I really like them both Dorcas! Love the metallic papers, but love the softer papers on the second one too!

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow, this is totally different than what I'm used to from you...and I like it too! Wonderfully elegant and not half as much work as coloring! This may be the start of a new trend for you! Theyyyyyyyyyy're GREAT!

dj1952 said...

Dorcas, both cards are fantastic! I love the metallic paper. The sewing looks fabulous, too. I like the finished inside also. Hugs, dj

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Hi Dorcas!
Your cards came out very elegant - love that!
And I LOVE the stitched heart from the inside of your 2nd card - tooooo cute!!!!
Hugs, Uli

debby4000 said...

Oh these are gorgeous Dorcas and love all the stitching.
luv
debby

Related Posts with Thumbnails