Monday, November 15, 2010

Recipe Share


Hi Guys!
I'm having a bit of a baking morning today.
(I promise to share the recipes!)
My sister is coming over for a visit and she's celiac so I wanted to make a gluten free recipe.  I immediately thought of my brandy pecan pie, cos except for one tablespoon of flour (which I substituted with corn starch) , and using a gluten free pie crust instead of making my own, the recipe was gluten free anyway.
Here it is in case you'd like to try it:

Brandy Pecan Pie

1 cup roasted pecans
9" pastry crust *
3 large eggs
1 cup brown rice syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon flour
1/4 cup brandy

Method: Arrange nuts in bottom of unbaked crust.
Beat other ingredients together and pour over nuts.
Bake about 45 minutes at 350 degrees farenheit

* crust  (normal not GF)
4 oz butter
1 cup flour
a few spoonfuls of ice water

Process in food processor using an "s" blade til it comes together in a ball



Below we have some yummy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. (they were supposed to be oatmeal chocolate chip but disaster of disasters there were no chocolate chips in the pantry!



Ive been making these since I was about 12 years old. You just can't improve on this recipe, I've tried many just in case. :-)

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 1/2 cups flour (all purpose unbleached)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter or coconut oil (set)
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon water
2 eggs
2 cups oats
6 oz chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugars. Add eggs. Beat well. Add rest of ingredients. Mix well.
Drop spoonfuls of batter onto baking sheet covered with parchement paper. Bake at 375 degrees until browned  around the edges but don't over bake.
Makes a chewy cookie crispy on the edges.
About 2 dozen cookies

Have fun!


Photobucket


5 comments:

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Thanks for sharing! :-)

Tracy Valure said...

Oh this looks so yummy (both). I love oatmeal cookies but rarely make them because I am the ONLY one in my house that will eat them and trust me, I can't spare a couple lbs! LOL Thanks for the recipe share. Seeing those, I may make some and bring them into work!

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

Yummy! Can't wait to try the Gluten Free Pie! I LOVE Pecan pie!

mudmaven said...

YUMMY! I think I've gained several pounds just reading this post though...~chris

Linda Wescott said...

Both look delicious. Going to have a go of the oatmeal with raisins, because I take my chocolate very strong and neat now-a-days lol. I'll make the choc chip version with Jack when he next comes. Thanks hugs lin

Related Posts with Thumbnails