Saturday, June 26, 2010

Card Challenges


I've been down for the last few days with a bug so have been busy blowing my nose and making cards. I have two cards in this post made for various challenges. The first is a card that I made using a lovely stamp by Penny Black which I colored with distress inks and mounted on various dps and embossed the background using a cuttlebug embossing folder. It qualifies for two challenges:
PB Allsorts Challenge
C4C Sketch
Here is a close up of the image:



You can see the little "water" droplets that I made using "Crackle Accents". Have a closer look...



And here is the second card, made for Penny Black Saturday Challenge and also
Card Patterns.

I also colored this cute kitty with distress inks, used a scalloped nestability to mount it as well as 3D adhesive foam pads to raise the image up a bit. The papers are all from my scrap stash, and machine stitched. A close up below:



I'm actually not crazy about this card, but its done and I suppose I will find some use for it. Maybe its not bright enough for my taste, I don't know.Oh well, they can't always come out as you want them to, can they?


12 comments:

Kirsten...x said...

Two fabulous cards with great images, love the colours...x

Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs Kirsten...x

Yenni Natalia said...

Fab cards again!! hope you win something from PB ^_^.Love the mini detail about the droplets. Sweet colour combo--you know i love pink! :P.

Barbara said...

These are both incredibly beautiful cards! I found your blog through your link on the Penny Black Flickr group and your work is wonderful!
:-)

Dawn T said...

Love both of these Dorcas. Love the colours you used on the kitty. very pretty

Kath Stewart said...

cute card and I love your take on the challenge..thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath xx

Joey said...

Hi,

two fantastic cards, gorgeous layout and design. Thanks for joining us at penny black saturday

Joey.xxx

jenny said...

Two gorgeous cards! I love your patchwork kitty card, pretty papers and your colouring is fab x

Jenny xx

Cardmaking Galore said...

Both are great cards but I love that patchwork card and all its stitching.

dstandard said...

Wow your cards are just precious! Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!

Debs said...

Oh these are gorgeous cards - my favourite is the first one - I love the 'water droplets' fab idea. Thanks for sharing it with us at Allsorts this wee.
Good lck
Debs xx

debby4000 said...

Oh wonderful adorable cards Dorcas. Thanks for joining us at PBSC this week.
luv
Debby

Beth said...

These are gprgeous! Beautiful images and colouring, and your patchwork looks great! Thanks for joining in with the Penny Black challenge!

Love Beth xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails