Friday, June 25, 2010

Blue In The Hair


Today's card is a combination of ideas from two challenges. LOTV Sketch challenge (with LOTV image)and Bee Crafty's Girly Pink challenge. They work very well together, don't you think? I used Distress inks and Stampin Up inks to color the image (all except the skin tones which were done with copics E00 and E11). The papers are all from my scrap stash. (yes, its endless! LOL) A close up of the girls:



Here is the sentiment which reads: "We'll be friends until we're blue in the hair" by River City Rubber Works.



And a detail of the stitching and the button area:




It did cross my mind that some of you may not "get" the joke in the sentiment. My daughter didn't for one. (though she laughed just the same) so I googled some things and came up with the following picture which should explain a few things....






OKay, that was a shocker! I hope you weren't taking a drink. LOL But it does make you reflect, doesn't it? What kind of old person will YOU become? Do you ever go to the mall and just "people watch"? Try to pick yourself out in 20 or 30 years? I do. I tell my daughter I will be the old lady who dresses from head to foot in a bright blue saggy-bottomed jogging suit cos it is "comfortable" just to embarass her! I may even have the blue hair to match. And I'll be tired of styling it by then so I'll just let it poof out in all its frizzy glory. Hahhaha I always wanted purple hair when I was little....
PS) I hope this picture isn't copyrighted. If it is I'm awfully sorry, will take it off imediately , never do it again and walk from here to Tokyo kneeling on uncooked rice...


8 comments:

CanadianScraps43 said...

Your so funny! This picture really screams coloured hair problems. Lol! I love your card. I just love your cards. I love your colouring with distress inks. Thanks to you I am finally figuring out how to do the blue shading around my images. Thanks my sweet friend for all your help.

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

You are crazy! I never get tired of your humor! I will be sporting the purple/ blue hair and embarrassing you before you embarrass Tweet! I found another huge mass of grey today! Mercy!!! The card is great by the way! Got sidetracked. Love the pink and of course the saying!

Lena Katrine said...

Great card, beautiful papers, and an adorable image :)
Thanks for playing along at LOTV this time - good luck!
Hugs, Lena

Denise Clark said...

So cute! Love the sentiment! Love the buttons! Buttons always give cards such a special feel (for me anyway). Love the papers you put together. That splash of bright yellow is perfect! Wonderful card!

cats whiskers said...

Beautiful card thank you so much for joining us at LOTV with such an awesome creation
Hugs Jacqui x

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Eek! I hope I don't look like Dame Edna when I get older! Love the card and the sentiment is perfect! Thanks so much for playing at Bee Crafty.

Deanne :)

Nicola said...

This is gorgeous. I love the beautiful fresh colour scheme and adorable image.
Thank you for joining us at Lili of the Valley.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

ileana said...

This is hilarious, Dorcas! I tell my daughter that I´ll dye my hair blue once I get it all white :-P I saw a mannequin wearing a wig at a clothe store once and I loved that! she didn´t like the idea at first... the only thing is I´m going to actually do it! hahaha
Love your card, by the way... the sentiment is great and so good a for a dear friend, your coloring of the image is gorgeous! Hugs,

Related Posts with Thumbnails